Tell me, if you are pregnant now, besides the internet, where can you get the information about your pregnancy expectations? What are the red flag symptoms you should watch out for? What vaccines, vitamins, or diagnostic tests you might need, what is the labor and delivery costs — all information for FREE?
Brace yourselves all pregnant ladies because Jesus Memorial Delgado Hospital in Kamuning, Quezon City just launched their First Time Mom Unit on May 29, 2017. Through this program, all planning of getting pregnant and already pregnant ladies can attend prenatal classes and follow through lectures —ALL FOR FREE!
Here are some photos during the launched of Jesus Memorial Delgado Hospital’s First Time Mom Unit.
The First Time Mom Unit aims to provide Optimal Birth Outcome in which the goal is not only for the mother to give birth to a healthy baby, but also for the mother to be physically and emotionally healthy before, during and after the pregnancy according to Dr. Rolando “Oyie” Balburias, President of Jesus Memorial Delgado Hospital.
Here are Free Classes That Will Benefit First-Time Moms in Metro Manila/Quezon City:
- Pregnancy and Childbirth Preparation Classes Learn the normal changes you can expect throughout pregnancy, and find out how to deal with anything you’ll be uncomfortable with. Know the physical symptoms to watch out for, so you can seek treatment right away. Find out what vaccines, vitamins, or diagnostic tests you might need, when you need to check-ups, what your labor and delivery will entail, and how to address the other concerns that you might encounter.
- Vaccination and Newborn Care Counseling Know the importance and proper schedule of vaccines for your baby, and learn the basics of newborn care to keep him or her safe and healthy at home. Make sure your partner (and whoever else would take care of your child) knows these things, too.
- Nutrition Counseling and Exercise Classes Of course, you need to take care of yourself properly to keep your baby healthy during pregnancy. You must learn what diet changes or improvements are necessary for your and your baby’s health, and you need to continuously take care of your body with safe exercises.
- Basic First Aid and CPR Classes You’ll never know when an emergency will arise, and having a background on basic first aid and CPR can give you some peace of mind. These classes are essential not only for moms and babies, but also for husbands and helpers.
- Breastfeeding Counselling and Play Workshops For moms who decide to breastfeed, you must learn how to properly do it, keep it hygienic, and deal with difficulties that could arise (like soreness or insufficient breastmilk supply). You can also participate in play and musical classes for first-time moms and their babies to bond with your child (and maybe your partner) and help his or her development while enjoying your time together.
Membership for the First Time Mom Unit of JDMH is free and offers prenatal and postnatal classes for moms, parents of newborns, and other people involved in the care of the baby.
Jesus Memorial Delgado Hospital is a private hospital that provides accessible, relevant and liberating education to all mothers-to-be and mothers again. 🙂 I have three (3) girls and I’m excited for them that in the future this type of service would be readily available for free. 🙂
Kudos to Jesus Memorial Delgado Hospital and thank you very much for continuously giving generously to our society. 🙂
For more details about the First Time Mom Unit, you may call 924-4051 or 0908-992-6999.