Forming good oral care habits from a very early age is crucial to your child’s development, but it’s no easy task to complete. You know what they say, where there’s a will, there is a way – so if you try out a few of these creative parenting ideas (which I also found in Google) and find a tactic that works, stick with it to make sure your child can look forward to a lifetime of beautiful, healthy smiles.
- Set a good example. Let your kids watch you brush your teeth. Use exaggerated gestures: up, down, sideways. At the end, flash your pearly whites to the mirror to check that you’ve done a good job, and make sure to seem very happy and proud of your efforts to show your child the reward of a brushing job well done.
- Tell them a good story. One creative trick to encourage brushing is to come up with a story: talk about the imaginary “sugar bugs” that are attacking your child’s mouth. The only way to defeat the sugar bugs is to defend your mouth with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Reward your kids for brushing their teeth. Buy them a fun, colorful set of toothbrush and toothpaste to encourage them to brush their teeth properly like the new Colgate Minions Oral Care Pack.
Get brushing with Colgate’s Minions toothbrush and toothpaste:
- Colgate Minions Kids 2-5 Years Old (Junior) Oral Care Pack:
- Colgate Minions Kids 5-9 Years Old (Youth) Oral Care Pack: